The 21st PRA Annual Meeting will be held from February 27 to 29, 2015 at the Sofietel Hotel, Pasay City. Below is the tentative Scientific Program (as of December 15, 2014).
PRECONVENTION: 26 February 2015 (Thursday)
- Basic Rheumatology Course (half-day)
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Course (whole day)
CONVENTION DAY 1: 27 February 2015 (Friday)
- 0830-0845H Year in Review: Rheumatology
- 0845-09:15H New Insights and Perspectives in Gout
- 0915-0945H State of the Art Management of Gout
- 0945-1015H Advocacies in Medicine
- 1045-1115H Dr. Lourdes Manahan Lectures in Rheumatology: PRA, atbp.
- 1115-1145H The Resurgence of Chikungunya Fever
- 1145-1215H Gout in Mindanao
- 1330-1345H Research Presentation
- 1345-1415H Practicing Rheumatology in Davao
- 1415-1445H DMARDS – A Comparative Safety Analysis
- 1445-1515H Updates in Rheumatoid Arthritis Management
- 1545-1615H Evidence Based Management: Pulmonary Hypertension
- 1615-1645H Revisiting Cardiovascular Issues with NSAIDs
- 1645-1715H Pediatric Rheumatology
CONVENTION DAY 2: 28 February 2015 (Saturday)
- 0730-0800H Evidence Based Management: Osteoarthritis
- 0800-0830H Regional Pain Syndromes
- 0830-0900H The Spondyloarthropathies
- 0930-1030H Know the Professors
- 1030-1100H Psoriatic Arthritis
- 1100-1130H Research Presentation
- 1300-1400H Know the Professors
- 1400-1430H Medical Informatics
- 1500-1700H PRA Annual Business Meetin
Several speakers have confirmed their talks for the convention. We will keep everyone posted as new developments come along. Bookmark the PRA Website for more news.
SEE YOU AT PRA 2015!
Research papers and lectures are not the only ways for you to be part of PRA 2015. If you have interesting images or pictures, why not submit them to our Images in Rheumatology competition?
This contest is open to the PUBLIC. The subject of the photos should be a clinical or laboratory image related to rheumatic diseases. Image submissions should have been taken with AT LEAST a 3 megapixel (3MP) camera AND published as a 5″ x 7″ photo print-out with a caption or short description of what the subject is all about.
Written informed consent for the images from patients is required to be eligible for the competition. A sample consent form is available here.
Image submissions and consent forms should be sent to the PRA Secretariat (Address: Room 1408, 14/F North Tower, Cathedral Heights Building Complex, St. Luke’s Medical Center, E. Rodriguez Avenue, Quezon City) no later than 5PM of 04 January 2015.
In the previous years, research papers were often presented at a single forum organized on the last day of the convention. These wonderful papers would only be heard by those planning to attend the business meeting – which follows immediately after. For 2015, THAT WILL ALL CHANGE.
Several original papers will be selected for presentation at the 21st PRA Annual Meeting – happening at the Sofietel Hotel from February 26-28, 2015. But instead of everything being done towards the end of Day 2, these papers will be spread out DURING the convention – allowing for a wider audience to appreciate the fruits of your research work.
For those with completed research papers or those with write-ups nearing completion, you may submit your abstracts to the PRA Research Committee through the PRA secretariat (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). The mechanics are as follows:
- Submit the original abstract together with (5) photocopies.
- The content of the paper must focus on a rheumatology topic.
- Abstracts should not exceed 325 words.
- Use standard abbreviations (spell out in full at first mention, add abbreviations in parenthesis). Use numerals for numbers.
- Organize the body of abstract using headings and information described in the sample provided here. Take note, you must also provide the necessary information about the authors and possible discussant should your paper be selected for presentation.
DEADLINE for submission of abstracts is on 5:00pm of 04 January 2015
IMPORTANT: Papers accepted for presentation in the free communication sessions must be presented as scheduled. Presenters who for justifiable reasons are unable to present, MUST formally withdraw in writing to the Scientific Committee. Likewise, those who had received a research grant through the PRA Research Committee may take this opportunity to present their completed papers as part of the grant requirements.
It was only last April that we were in Cebu for the Asia Pacific League of Associations for Rheumatology (APLAR) Congress. Soon, it’ll be time to celebrate a milestone! Let’s look back on what has changed and to move forward to the future of Rheumatology.
Join us at the 21st Annual Meeting of the Philippine Rheumatology Association. Happening only at the Sofietel Hotel from February 26-28, 2015.
SEE YOU ALL THERE!