The usual meeting would discuss what’s new with a particular disease then leave it up to the participants to decide on how to apply the new learning in actual practice.
But this year’s PRA Annual Meeting promises to be DIFFERENT by providing scenario-driven discussions of hot topics in Rheumatology and Medicine. The convention also covers useful topics one can relate to specially if you’re a clinician. Here are the symposia and plenary lectures lined up this #PRA2018.
CONVENTION DAY 1 | February 16, 2018 | Friday
0800H The Rheumatology Year In Review (Plenary) with Dr. Eric Jason Amante
BIOETHICS IN THE DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP
- 0845H Ask But Don’t Tell: Patient Disclosure with Dr. Patrick Gerard Moral
- 0915H How to be Effective in Physician-Patient Communications
1030H Expanding our Armamentarium in Chronic Pain Management for Rheumatic Diseases (Plenary) with Dr. Milagros Paterno
MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH ISSUES
- 1300H Pregnancy and the Lupus Patient with Dr. Augusto Villarubin
- 1330H APAS and Pregnancy with Dr. Lara Theresa Alentajan-Aleta
- 1400H New Classification Scheme on Medication Safety during Pregnancy and Lactation with Dr. Maria Stephanie Faye Cagayan
PSYCHOSOCIAL ISSUES IN MEDICAL PRACTICE
- 1500H Mindfulness as a Strategy of Care with Dr. Jannel Gatlabayan-Cleto
- 1530H Recognizing Depression in Chronic Rheumatic Conditions with Dr. Constantine Della
- 1600H The Burned Out Physician (Plenary) with Dr. Antonio Miguel Dans
CONVENTION DAY 2 | February 17, 2018 | Saturday
0800H Research Paper Presentation moderated by the PRA Research Committee
0930H Impact of Service Delivery Networks (SDN) in the Practice of Rheumatology (Plenary Lecture on Health Policy) with Dr. Beverly Lorraine Chua Ho
RHEUMATOLOGY BEYOND THE JOINTS
- 1030H Now You See Me, Now You Don’t with Dr. Melchor Alan Siriban
- 1100H The ORL-Rheumatology Interface with Dr. Cherry Bermudez Cruz
- 1130H The Peri-operative Care of the Rheumatic Patient with Dr. Gideon Caballes
1330H Refer to Rheumatology (Vignettes)
There will be pharmaceutical industry sponsored symposia during the lunch breaks of the convention and after the talk given by Dr. Dans on Day 1. Opportunities to visit the booths are likewise included in the program.
So why should physicians attend #PRA2018? Regardless of whether you’re a rheumatologist or not, there’s learning you can use in your practice.
See you at the convention!