We’ve been getting a lot of inquiries on where people can go for their rheumatology concerns. Unfortunately a lot of those asking express concern over the costs of consultations. Well, worry no further …
Thanks to Dr. Geraldine Racaza who started the ball rolling. We now have a list of centers where you can consult FOR FREE! Do notice that a lot of these institutions are either government centers OR training institutions. So, a resident may be the one attending to you but, rest assured, your cases will either be seen by the in-house rheumatologist OR, at least, referred to them.
Without going any further, here’s the partial list of centers where you can go for FREE RHEUMATOLOGY CONSULTATIONS:
- University of the Philippines -Philippine General Hospital, Padre Faura Street, Manila. Proceed to Counter 5 at the Out-Patient Department (OPD) before 7 AM. Inform the physician at the Counter that you’d want to be seen at Rheumatology Clinic/ OPD. If ever you cannot be accommodated, you will be redirected to the Internal Medicine OPD for initial care before being referred to the rheumatologists.
- San Juan De Dios Hospital, Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City. The rheumatology service attends to patients at the Internal Medicine OPD every second Friday of the Month. Please proceed to the counter as they have an early cut off – 6 AM!
- East Avenue Medical Center, East Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City. The rheumatology service has three clinic days: Tuesdays & Fridays 1 – 5 PM and Wednesdays 8 – 12 NN. Just proceed to the OPD Triage and inform them that you’d want to be seen at the Rheumatology OPD on these said dates. Be sure to sign in at least an hour before the clinic starts. Should you not be accommodated in the said clinics, please request that you be redirected to the Internal Medicine OPD for initial evaluation.
- Region 1 Medical Center , Dagupan, Pangasinan. Their arthritis clinic is every Monday and Thursday from 10-12 NN.
- Davao Regional Medical Center, Tagum City, Davao del Norte. They are currently processing the creation of their Rayuma Clinic. Their target is Monday to Friday 8am-5pm.
- Laak District Hospital
- Compostela Valley Provincial Hospital Thursdays 8-5 pm.
- Ilocos Training and Regional Medical Center. Proceed to their Medicine OPD every Thursdays from 8-12 Noon.
- Dr. Paulino J. Garcia Memorial Research and Medical Center, Mabini St., Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija. Proceed to their OPD-Medicine on Fridays from 8-10AM.
- Rizal Medical Center, Pasig. You can avail of free rheumatology consultations on Mondays and Wednesdaysn 8-12 NN.
- Cainta Municipal Hospital, Cainta, Rizal. Free rheumatology consultations are done Tuesdays 8-11 AM.
- Ospital ng Makati. Free only for Makati residents! The clinic for rheumatology is open Mondays 3-5PM and Saturdays 10-12NN.
- St. Luke’s Medical Center. Patients wanting to avail of free consultations through the Social Service OPD, should first apply for a social service card (Social Services open daily starting 7:30AM). The rheumatology clinic is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-5 PM at SLMC-QC (E. Rodriguez) and Fridays 2-4 PM at SLMC-BGC.
- Makati Medical Center. Their Rheumatology OPD is every Wednesday and Friday 2-4PM. Patients must first avail of a yellow card from the Health Service Department, after which they are entitled to free consultations for all clinical departments. They may either go straight to Rheumatology, or be seen first by Internal Medicine and then be referred accordingly.
- Amang Rodriguez Memorial Medical Center, Sumulong Highway, Marikina. Patients are to be seen first at IM OPD [Monday to Friday 8AM – 5PM (2pm cutoff)] before being referred to the Rheumatology service OPD held Mondays 8AM – 2PM.
- Baguio General Hospital & Medical Center. The Rheuma Clinic is open Tuesdays 1-2 PM. Children with rheumatologic complaints may consult the Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic on Fridays 9 – 12NN.
- Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center, Rizal Avenue, Manila. The Rayuma Klinik is open Monday to Thursday 1-3 PM.
- Batangas Medical Center. The Rheumatology Clinic is open on Thursdays from 10 – 12 NN.
- Zamboanga City Medical Center. The Medicine OPD is open Monday to Friday from 8-4 PM. The in-house rheumatologist attends to patients on Monday from 8 – 12 Noon.
- Bulacan Medical Center. Patients may come in from Monday to Friday through the Medicine OPD. However, the in house rheumatologist accepts referrals every second Thursday of the month, starting 1 PM. Patients should proceed to the OPD Admissions Section (beside the ER entrance) where the que number will be given. Patient will then proceed to the OPD Waiting Area where you will be called once it’s your turn.
- St. Paul’s Hospital of Iloilo Inc.: Mother Antoine Center, Mondays to Fridays 10 AM to 5 PM.
If the person needing rheumatology care is <18 years, there are also centers offering FREE PEDIATRIC RHEUMATOLOGY CONSULTATIONS:
- University of the Philippines -Philippine General Hospital, Padre Faura Street, Manila. The pediatric rheumatology service has their clinic on Tuesdays and every first and third Thursdays of the month starting 1PM. Proceed to Counter 5 of the OPD and inform the physician there that you have a child who needs to be seen by a rheumatologist. Pediatric patients not accommodated at Pedia Rheuma clinic may be redirected to the General Pediatrics clinic first.
- Baguio General Hospital & Medical Center. Children may consult the Pediatric Rheumatology Clinic on Fridays 9 – 12NN.
- De La Salle University Medical Center, Dasmarinas, Cavite. Children with arthritis and connective tissue diseases may come on Thursdays 8 – 5 PM at the Pedia Rheuma OPD. On other days, children may be seen at the General Pediatrics Clinic (Mon to Fri 8-5 PM)
- Chong Hua Hospital, Cebu City. The pediatric rheumatology service holds clinic every 3rd Friday of the month from 1-4 PM. However, new patients can come in any day to be seen first by the pediatric residents before being referred to the subspecialty clinic.
- Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center, B. Rodriguez Street, Cebu City. The service attends to patients at the Child Survival Center every Monday 8 AM. Please be there before the clinic starts.
While not free, REDUCED RATES for consultations are available at:
- University of Santo Tomas Hospital, España, Manila. The rheumatology service attends to patients on Mondays & Fridays 2-4PM and Wednesdays 10-12NN. Kids with arthritis and other rheumatic diseases may come on Tuesdays and Thursdays 2-4 PM (Need to register earlier as OPD cut-off is 2 PM). Patients have to enter through the Dapitan Gate of the OPD Building. The first consult would cost P100 and subsequent consultations would be charged P80.
- Southern Philippine Medical Center. The rheumatology service attends to patients every Tuesday from 9-12 NN. The The pediatric rheumatology service holds clinic every Tuesday from 1-5 PM. Patients will be charged P50 for the first consultation and P30 for follow-ups. Senior citizens may consult for free.
PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS POST. We will be updating the list as more of our members provide free consultations. Please be informed that while consultations are free, the physicians attending these clinics may request laboratory testing which may have to be done at cost care of your local labs. Also, medications may have to be purchased out-of-pocket as currently none of the centers above have provisions for free medicines.