The Philippine Rheumatology Association will have its first Special Interest Group Activity (SIGA) since its 2016 Annual Meeting at the Angelo King Audiovisual Room, 2/F Clinical Division Building, UST Hospital this May 30. Focusing on hot topics in systemic lupus erythematous, the lupus forum is co-organized by the PRA SLE, Vasculitis and Other Connective Tissue Diseases SIG and the UST Hospital Section of Rheumatology.
The preliminary program released by the organizers are as follows:
- 1030 – 1100H Registration
- 1100 – 1115H Opening Ceremonies
- 1115 – 1200H Top Stories in Lupus by Dr. Sandra Teresa Navarra
- 1200 – 1245H Lunch
- 1245 – 1345H Educational Symposia: Pulmonary Hypertension by Dr. Ivan Villespin
- 1345 – 1415H Seronegative APS: Does it exist? by Dr. Melissa Aquino-Villamin
- 1415 – 1445H Lupus and Kids by Dr. Christine Bernal
- 1445 – 1515H Managing SLE, Co Morbidities and Drug Toxicities
- 1515 – 1530H Break
- 1530 – 1630H Interactive Case Discussion
- 1630 – 1700H Refractory Lupus Nephritis by Dr. Marica Lazo
- 1700 – 1715H Closing Remarks
CME units are being arranged with the Philippine Medical Association and the Philippine College of Physicians as of this posting. The Lupus SIGA at USTe will be open to PRA Members, rheumatology fellows in training and residents from PCP accredited institutions. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com for inquiries. Non-NCR delegates may coordinate with the secretariat for help in reserving rooms at the Domus Mariae Residences and the 1611 Residences (BGPOP) situated within the UST Grounds.