In the previous years, research papers were often presented at a single forum organized on the last day of the convention. These wonderful papers would only be heard by those planning to attend the business meeting – which follows immediately after. For 2015, THAT WILL ALL CHANGE.
Several original papers will be selected for presentation at the 21st PRA Annual Meeting – happening at the Sofietel Hotel from February 26-28, 2015. But instead of everything being done towards the end of Day 2, these papers will be spread out DURING the convention – allowing for a wider audience to appreciate the fruits of your research work.
For those with completed research papers or those with write-ups nearing completion, you may submit your abstracts to the PRA Research Committee through the PRA secretariat (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). The mechanics are as follows:
- Submit the original abstract together with (5) photocopies.
- The content of the paper must focus on a rheumatology topic.
- Abstracts should not exceed 325 words.
- Use standard abbreviations (spell out in full at first mention, add abbreviations in parenthesis). Use numerals for numbers.
- Organize the body of abstract using headings and information described in the sample provided here. Take note, you must also provide the necessary information about the authors and possible discussant should your paper be selected for presentation.
DEADLINE for submission of abstracts is on 5:00pm of 04 January 2015
IMPORTANT: Papers accepted for presentation in the free communication sessions must be presented as scheduled. Presenters who for justifiable reasons are unable to present, MUST formally withdraw in writing to the Scientific Committee. Likewise, those who had received a research grant through the PRA Research Committee may take this opportunity to present their completed papers as part of the grant requirements.